‘For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this’ — Esther 4:14 (NKJV)
It is a most unique, fascinating, yet unusual book in the Bible. No direct mention of God, no reference to spiritual activities, apart from fasting, and yet a heathen king is named many times. However, this important book has a needful place in God’s Word because it:
- Shows the sovereignty of God – His fingerprints – throughout the entire story;
- Outlines how the Jewish people faced a major existential threat to their existence, yet God miraculously delivered them.
- Gives us the background to the modern Jewish festival of Purim.
In For Such A Time As This: Understanding the Book of Esther, you will be taken on a fascinating journey. You will learn:
- About the elaborate ways of the Persian court;
- How God inspired miracle upon miracle to preserve His people;
- How the basis of that preservation was due to the promises/covenants God made with Abraham, David, and Jeremiah (the New Covenant);
- How Satan’s plan to destroy the Jewish people almost succeeded, but because of God and God alone, it failed miserably;
- How the Book of Esther can help give us insight into the modern nations of Israel and Iran.
You will discover that the Book of Esther is an indispensable part of God’s Word, today and forever.
Duration: 13.5 Hours
PDF Notes: 66 pages
Format: Audio MP3 CD