‘Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God’ — Ruth 1:16ff (NKJV)
It is often called a wonderful ancient love story. Yet the Book of Ruth, which has very little romance per se, is much more than a love story – it is a manifesto on the power of redemption. When all seemed to be lost, redemption came in, restored everything, and even gave more than could ever be imagined.
Within this beautiful story of Ruth, you will discover:
- How tragedy need not be the end of everything;
- How two faithful women, who lost everything, never gave up hope;
- How Ruth is the epitome of faithfulness – a role model for us all;
- How Ruth the Moabitess, a migrant to Israel and a convert to Israel’s God, found favour instead of contempt, with God and man;
- How the law of kinsman-redeemer worked;
- How God used Boaz and Obed to bring redemption to Ruth, Naomi, Elimelech, Mahlon and Chilion;
What was really at stake in the Book of Ruth was the messianic lineage from Abraham to Christ via David.
You will learn how redemption in Ruth restored this broken lineage. Indeed, Ruth became an honoured and named member of it (Matthew 1:5).
From Tragedy to Triumph: Understanding the Book of Ruth, is part of the larger ‘Understanding the Bible Series.’ It will help establish you in God’s Word so you can live victorious, fruitful lives in this world while preparing you for the world to come. You will see that when God is in the picture, all can never be lost. With divine redemption, all that goes missing will be recovered with dividends.
Running Time: 8 hours
PDF Notes: 30 pages
Format: Audio MP3
Download Size: 190.4 MB