Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? — 1 Kings 3:9
He was possibly no more than twenty years old at the time he ascended to the throne. His famous father had a very tempestuous second part to his reign. Would this young man be up to the task of keeping the twelve tribes of Israel together, as well as fend off potential adversaries? Could he face the same challenges his father faced? So, when God gave him the opportunity to ask for whatever he wished – this young king, whose name comes from shalom, peace, gave the best answer possible. “Give me wisdom and understanding.” God was pleased with his answer, gave him his request, and the rest is history.
In Solomon, King of Israel: Understanding the Book of 1 Kings – Part 01 (Chapters 01-11) you will learn about:
- How a nearly successful and deadly plot by Adonijah to take Israel’s throne from Solomon was prophetically thwarted;
- How young Solomon defeated other potential foes;
- How he became so wise and an example of his wisdom demonstrated;
- His meticulous preparation, attention to detail, and masterful dedicatory prayer ushered in the era of the Jerusalem temple;
- The celebrated visit of the Queen of Sheba;
- How, despite all his blessings, Solomon backslid and lessons we can learn from it.
Solomon, King of Israel: Understanding the Book of 1 Kings – Part 01 gives you thorough coverage of Chapters 01-11 and 434 verses (816 in the entire Book of 1 Kings). Combine the audio MP3 teaching with 104 pages of printable PDF notes, you will have a greater understanding how the Book of 1 Kings applies to our lives today.
Without question, the Book of 1 Kings will change your life! And this series can help.